• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Airbag light on, no horn, new cloeck spring.

My airbag light was on and my horn stopped working so I replaced the clock spring, but the problem persists. Does this mean that I need a new airbag module?
Thanks

What was/is the status of the replacement clockspring? New, used (junkyard), Evilbay?

What data did you use when replacing the clockspring? FSM?

What's the status of your ignition switch? My airbag like will stay on sometimes until I "jiggle" the switch a little....

What was/is the status of the replacement clockspring? New, used (junkyard), Evilbay?

What data did you use when replacing the clockspring? FSM?

It's a new Dorman Clockspring that I got off Amazon. I followed the FSM instructions to do the installation.

I took it to my buddies shop and he tried to scan the airbag, but the scanner said "low voltage no communication"

Only things I can suggest is to replace the broken parts in the ignition switch and double check the connections to the clockspring.

XJAIRBAG.jpg

2ClockspringHorn_SpeedControlConnector_zps6192da47.jpg

Double checked the wiring and every thing is properly connected. I will borrow a multi meter from school and check that there is current. I need to find another steering column for parts before I can put this one back together.

Double checked the wiring and every thing is properly connected. I will borrow a multi meter from school and check that there is current. I need to find another steering column for parts before I can put this one back together.

Use extreme caution when checking air bag circuits.

See pic below.

Disconnect the yellow connector in the pic below. It is called the Air Bag Quick Disconnect (C205). Disconnecting it will isolate both airbags from the Air Bag Control Module. Remove the battery negative post connector, and leave it set for at least 5 minutes before disconnecting.

To get at it, remove the trim panel and knee blocker from below the steering column.

DSCF3023.jpg

that^ and what year is this rig? there is all sorts of screwiness with columns in the cars IMO. possibly a gm clock spring in a Chrysler column or visversa

My 98 had issues with airbag light and check engine light on intermittently. Determined there was a factory recall for air bag control module . Took to dealer and they replaced it no charge . Fixed all my electrical gremlins for the time being anyway. BTW I requested the build sheet from Jeep that how I found out there was a recall that wasn't performed.

My 98 had issues with airbag light and check engine light on intermittently. Determined there was a factory recall for air bag control module . Took to dealer and they replaced it no charge . Fixed all my electrical gremlins for the time being anyway. BTW I requested the build sheet from Jeep that how I found out there was a recall that wasn't performed.

I will look into that thank you

Back