• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Injectors not operating

AIbandit

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
87 Renix
I've got fuel at the rail and spark
She fires up when primed.

What do I look for when injectors aren't squirting?

Most likely an open ground wire. All the injectors use the same ground and there is a bunch of splices in the rail harness. Also where the injector harness makes the bend at the firewall the copper part of the wire can fatigue and split under the insulation (you can't see it). Happened on my 87, it was a pain to find. There is a TSB about this.

I noticed my injectors failed when I unplugged the MAP sensor. I read somewhere the Renix needs an atmospheric reference (baseline) from the MAP when the ignition is first turned on or the injectors won't cycle. I haven't tested this thoroughly, sounds plausible.

Each injector (Renix) has it's own individual driver, for all to fail is really rare. Unless there is a sensor issue and the ECU will shut down most everything, fuel pump, spark etc. The injectors all share the same common ground.

Having fuel at the rail and having sufficient pressure can be two separate things.

Checking out Cruisers Renix check list may be smart, paying special attention to the grounds section.

I adjusted the tps and it ran, I'm not sure if it was that or the ecu having to adjust to all of the changes with the stroker and mods hitting it at once. Good to go for now thanks.

Thanks Cruiser, I have your list and it's on my to do list but getting it on the trail is priority.

Back