• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

frame stiffeners with welded rocker guards

cpefy3

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

I have been contemplating getting some frame stiffeners and while they're getting welded to the unit body, also having them weld a new set of rocker sliders to the the frame stiffeners instead of bolting them on. Has anyone done this, and any advice on stiffeners or rocker guards. I do not have the means of making my own, and I am replacing the Tomken 2x4 style guards. Thanks for the advice.

Are you saying that you don't have the means of welding the sliders onto the stiffeners? Who is them?

I do not have the knowledge or equipment to build my own rocker guards or to weld the frame stiffeners to the unit body. I am currently thinking of getting tnt frame stiffeners and warn rocker guards. I am going to have a local shop weld them both on. Looking for advice in regards to welding the rocker guards to the frame stiffeners as if this is a common practice or reasons why this may not be advised.

I recommend the ruffstuff frame stiffies.
And, yes, sliders can be easily built/modified to be welded to the frame stiffeners.

Back