• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oil-resistant rubber blocks?

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
So I noticed a little wear spot in my stock transfer case skid where the tcase has been bouncing into it. I have heard a wubble dribbling sound going over pavement cracks, which I thought was the exhaust banging, but I guess its the tcase hitting the skid. I want to make a little rubber bumper to minimize potential for cracking the shell.

Thinking about a 4x6x1" rectangular piece, sink a couple of tee nuts at the ends, and run bolts up through the skid. Spent a while looking around and couldn't find anything useful. Any ideas on where to get one? Would really like to find some oil-resistant rubber before stepping down to gym mats or stall matting or the like

Tcase should not be hitting the skid, fix the problem, nor bandaid it. Sounds like a bad trans mount

The "issue" is the low-profile TNT crossmember pulls the forward end of the tcase skid high, reducing the tolerance gap between the tcase and skid. I am going to do some work on the underbody later that should correct some of this. In the meantime I want to reduce impact damage. Thank you.

Back