• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

May 9th Badlands or Redbird?

terrehautian

NAXJA Forum User
Want to take Sarah out since she hasn't been out in the XJ since I lifted it, I haven't been to Redbird. Up for either but would like to have someone who knows the trails at either place because I know how to get to the Quarry and some of Green at Badlands and that is it.

This has changed to this Saturday.

Is there anywhere to camp close by? My friend with an FJ wants to break it in and I'd like to go as well but we are north of chicago so we would prefer to stay overnight

There is a campground right next to Badlands (between the old office and the new one. I should add that I won't get up there until around noon to 1pm (my wife works the night before).

This is back to being on the 9th, due to work things with Sarah, it didn't work out last weekend.

Im debating whether badlands or cliffs right now. My buddy eith his FJ is coming too, and cliffs is closer. Is badlands more stock-like truck friendly?

Badlands is very stock friendly.

They really do have something for every setup there. I didn't know so many people wheeled FJ's, I bet I've seen 4-5 of them the few times I've been there this year. I might come up for a bit, still debating on it. Depends on the weather I suppose.

Weather seems good, I am only going until 3pm due to a birthday party at 5.

Ah well count me out then more than likely. I probably wouldn't head up early enough.

Back