• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory gas tanks skid. Is it worth $50?

workman13

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 97 Cherokee and found a guy selling a factory gas tank skid that would work for mine. Would it be worth paying $50 for it? I would try for less but that is what he has it listed at. I know they aren't the strongest but def better than nothing.
Thanks

Ya i think i am going to try to get it. I may offer the guy a little less to see what he will take. This is the first one i have found for sale since i have had my jeep so probably should jump on it!

Hell I think I paid $50 for my zj skid for my late model, and I was happy to have it!

I never ever see factory late model skids....

I paid $75 for mine shipped from CA to TN. Every time I drive a rocky trail I'm glad I spent every penny.

You have late model xj gas tank skids Scott?

I have 1 ZJ tank skid right now, and from what I remember they are the same as a late model?

Not exactly the same. The late model fits closer to the tank than a zj.
They fit late model gas tanks but need some holes drilled to fit also. I did have a late model for mine I was gonna install till I sold it then ended up installing a zj gas skid.

I have 1 ZJ tank skid right now, and from what I remember they are the same as a late model..

I gave the last 2 away.. you need?

No, I don't need one. I bought one before thanksgiving, wish I would have thought to ask you though!

The zj's work on late model XJ's with re drilling.

Back