• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lost line from evap help!

srivera2010

NAXJA Forum User
So my 98 xj has a random hose coming from the evap canister I have traced it to the engine bay where it then becomes a hardline. It has melted on the manifold and I don't believe it was ever plugged up. I have no idea where it goes, and there is not a spot for it that I am aware of. I have included some pictures to try and get some help with it.

Looks like the line that would go to a Leak Detection Pump.

I don't have an LDP so I just snubbed it off by the junction of the fuel line, and other Evap line, going down the left side, but retained the giant cap.

so maybe just cap it off? I looked at a newer xj today maybe a 01 it has a purge valve near the a/c canister on passenger side its going to. mine doesn't have the purge valve or mount.

so maybe just cap it off? I looked at a newer xj today maybe a 01 it has a purge valve near the a/c canister on passenger side its going to. mine doesn't have the purge valve or mount.[/QUOTE]

You will have a Duty Cycle EVAP Purge Valve/Solenoid, so did that '01. But what you saw was an Leak Detection Pump.

If you don't have an LDP system just cap it off.

Back