• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

True 35's on 4.5" lift

AKghandi

NAXJA Forum User
I'm new to jeeps but have always wanted one. and recently I bought a 90 cherokee limited.

And after a bit i have a brand new 4.5" RC x series lift sitting on my floor.
Lklcab.jpg

Heres the jeep for those interested.
ftMVjR.jpg

So my question is will true 35's(MTR/k) fit with 4.5". this kit says everything is good up to 6" but i have heard on short arms 6" is a bit risky. even so i would not be against adding 1.5" coil spacers and the RC shackle relocation to get 6"

Keep in mind I plan on trimming the bejeasus out of it, it was a $700 cherokee, not too concerned.

I will be adding bump stops.

I'm not going for ultimate hardcore offroader, infact until i put in a 8.25 i probably wont see much trail time. god knows the Dana 35 wont last.

Also I'm not a noob at making huge tires fit where they shouldnt, case in point; 85 subaru wagon with 30" KM2's on 2" lift.
EnOxMT.jpg

Last edited:
With some messaging and trimming it will easily fit. Im have bfg 35ats on a very used 3.5" rubicon short arm front end. Fits fine. Rim choice will be key

That should be ok. Adjust your arms out a bit more than recommended to get the tires out of the front fender when turning to full lock. Pull the flares and do the usuall trimming front and rear. You should be good. Bumpstop and dont forget brakelines. There is also a seam in the front fender well you should pound flat so it doesnt slice those pretty new tires.

Thanks for the input guys i really appreciate it.

however after much thought and what i plan on doing with the truck, not to mention the ridiculous shipping here in Alaska ($459)

i decided on 33x12.50 mtrs... freakin $1300 for 4

Damn, I paid $1176 for 5 shipped. Cont 48 is good for some things haha.

I have the same lift and tire combo, its a pretty good setup.

Dang. Discount tire ftw. 4 35" km2's mounted and balanced with lifetime balancing and rotation and replacement certificate for $1100 out the door. That was in 2011 though

Back