• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to change, what to keep the same?

obstacle course should have heats...one crack at it seemed to confuse people a bit.

i never got to experience an outdoor potluck, but i cant imagine having to do it outdoors...indoors is where it is at.

Indoor potluck was great, I know that's not something that can always happen though. Loved the frs radios, and obstacle course was fun watching. Team work on the trails was great as usual

I think it was a great event. Hard to complain when you actually make out like a bandit for a $35 event fee. Best Tshirt ever in my opinion. The dinner was the bomb, altho I have to agree that someone needs to clue them in to how important bacon is to the function of this club. The FRS radios, the free camping... hell, that would've cost me $60 at least for the 3 nights with power.

The Badlands wheeling is always fun
Meeting people that you see on the boards in person
Hanging out at a pot luck feed\
Hanging out at a bitchin' fire
More likker then you can point an empty glass at
What's not to like?

The ONLY thing that I see that could use some polishing up on, and it's always been a topic, is how long it takes to get the runs off in the morning. I realize that getting a group that size on track is a giant job but maybe we can do some things different, like maybe have the drivers meetings the night before. Or something.

Like I said, no complaints from here at all. Can't wait for WF 2016!!

Now that some of the property is opened up, I'd like to see some different trail runs. Talked a little bit about this with Mac after we led on Fri and Sat.

The old days of folks showing up in a brandy new stock XJ I think are behind us. Most folks are rocking very similiar capabilities, like 31's and open or 33's and a locker or two. There wasn't much on the trail ride that we did on Fri that someone open on 30" all terrains couldn't do and we were out for about 5 hours.

The biggest group of folks is always going to be the ones lined up behind the green flags. Rather than take them on the green trail one after another, put them in 3 groups or so and send them to different areas of the park in a shotgun start. Run green, white, the new red, parts of orange and around the quarry so that the ride lasts all day. If you start them on different parts of the park, they won't run into each other.

I don't think I've ever been in the jeep for 5 hours at the badlands. It was pretty cool that we could find enough trail to do that and none of it was outside the capability of the smaller jeeps.

I also think that driver's meetings should be held by the trail leaders for their respective groups. A quick pow wow with the prez is a good idea, but lets not stand around waiting for everyone to show up from registration. That way a group that's ready to go can go.

Now that some of the property is opened up, I'd like to see some different trail runs. Talked a little bit about this with Mac after we led on Fri and Sat.

The old days of folks showing up in a brandy new stock XJ I think are behind us. Most folks are rocking very similiar capabilities, like 31's and open or 33's and a locker or two. There wasn't much on the trail ride that we did on Fri that someone open on 30" all terrains couldn't do and we were out for about 5 hours.

The biggest group of folks is always going to be the ones lined up behind the green flags. Rather than take them on the green trail one after another, put them in 3 groups or so and send them to different areas of the park in a shotgun start. Run green, white, the new red, parts of orange and around the quarry so that the ride lasts all day. If you start them on different parts of the park, they won't run into each other.

I don't think I've ever been in the jeep for 5 hours at the badlands. It was pretty cool that we could find enough trail to do that and none of it was outside the capability of the smaller jeeps.

I also think that driver's meetings should be held by the trail leaders for their respective groups. A quick pow wow with the prez is a good idea, but lets not stand around waiting for everyone to show up from registration. That way a group that's ready to go can go.

Pretty much this.

Potluck indoors was awesome considering the weather.
Obstacle course was entertaining.
Lunch provided by sponsors on Saturday is always appreciated.

IMO registration worked better at the old BL office, mainly so everyone could line up down the entrance road instead of stacking up in that tiny parking lot. I know that is out of our control but if Kyle would let us use the old building I think it would make traffic flow better and make tech easier. That being said, the BOD had everything set up well and it was relatively easy to hand out registration bags.

My only thought is maybe we have outgrown the VFW. It seems to get more cramped every year. I don't know if Hotel Attica has a ballroom or something we could rent out reasonably or not. Also there is the issue of drinks if not at someplace with a bar (for those who drink and bought all the Bud and bud lite out). Other then that, I see no reason to change anything from this year.

Besides the lack of bacon and nothing to dip your chicken strips in, any other comments on the food?

Also, we seem to put the VFW at it's limits every year, however, we have had tables in the middle in the past and we did not do that this year because everyone seemed to have a seat.

mac 'they did not run out of whiskey, even tho I tried' gyvr

Besides the lack of bacon and nothing to dip your chicken strips in, any other comments on the food?

Also, we seem to put the VFW at it's limits every year, however, we have had tables in the middle in the past and we did not do that this year because everyone seemed to have a seat.

mac 'they did not run out of whiskey, even tho I tried' gyvr

Rather than Robies providing dessert, a local cake shop could make a winterfest cake and it would be way better than whatever that stuff on the plate was.

Agreed on the VFW. It's warm, it's quiet, it's in town and close to stuff and there was plenty of room. And when we buy drinks, we keep them open and that's important to me.

And when we buy drinks, we keep them open and that's important to me.

I Really liked seeing all the WF stickers on the beer fridge and the bar tender in a MWC shirt. made me all warm and fuzzy inside. that said if we ever out grow the VFW for the dinner Saturday maybe we could have the dinner in the badlands hall thing and the pot luck at the VFW. i wasn't at the pot luck but the pictures i saw seemed to have a lot of room at the badlands hall.

Let's not kid ourselves, the 'banquet hall' was a pole barn. Fine for a potluck dinner to get out of the weather, but the VFW is the proper location for the Saturday night dinner. Attica is a (very) small town, if we pull out of the VFW it may sour our reputation. Sounds trivial, but it's small town problems.

my honest opinion was that if I had paid for the food myself, I would have been a tad disappointed, BUT as a free meal included with the cost of registration, it was absolutely fine by me. i liked the potato bar, and having nachos was pretty cool...

that being said, you won't hear me complain about it...i still ate my fair share ;)

What Craig said, as a meal included, it was good. I thought the tenders were a little tough. I honestly don't remember what was on the meal last year, but I liked it better.

Let's not kid ourselves, the 'banquet hall' was a pole barn. Fine for a potluck dinner to get out of the weather, but the VFW is the proper location for the Saturday night dinner. Attica is a (very) small town, if we pull out of the VFW it may sour our reputation. Sounds trivial, but it's small town problems.

The VFW is where it's at. The tables were just too scrunched together. FRS worked great. I think I lost mine when I about flopped it on mission impossible though. Banquet and pot lock dinner were superb. The trail guides for MI worked out pretty well. There were a few times we sat around while others left the group to rescue the JK. We eventually met up with another trail guide and kept truck'n.

Loved the short course too! I'm hoping we can keep doing that. It makes me want to fix my washer bottle sprayer!

Great times!
Shirts, radios, wheeling, camping all good

Would like to have left sooner from the parking lot. Seemed to sit around a lot waiting.
Bon fire needs to start earlier for my old tired butt.

more room between the tables for the midwestern size boys, other than that it was a good time.

I like the idea of trail leaders do the talks to their groups and heading out. Possibly set a hard start time and if you aren't there its on them to catch up....You aren't running a daycare.

Back