• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front sway bar link repair and torque specs

gba88

NAXJA Forum User
99 DD

I searched and could not find torque specs for this. I need to know how much for the top bolt that's vertical (this is what broke off), and then the lower bolt that has the torx head on the outside.

Also, is it necessary to jack up the axle and remove wheels to replace each link, or can you do it with it just sitting on the ground? Trying to do this before the NEXT snow storm tomorrow any quick help appreciated!

I usually do it with both wheels even on the ground so there is no major forces on the sway bar when you are trying to install and tighten bolts and nuts. FSM says 70 ft-lb on the axle brackets and 27 ft-lb on the link nuts.

I usually do it with both wheels even on the ground so there is no major forces on the sway bar when you are trying to install and tighten bolts and nuts. FSM says 70 ft-lb on the axle brackets and 27 ft-lb on the link nuts.

Dang, now that's some service! :D Thanks a lot, man!

Back