• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power steering pump hoses

XJRN

NAXJA Forum User
I am changing my pump and the high pressure line is in terrible shape. All the fittings are frozen. I decided to cut the line to get a socket on it but the return line is in the way. Anyway suggestions to make this easier?

Oh and it's a 99. The return line is in the way and I can't get it loose. Only thing I can think of is cutting it too so I can get a socket on it then replace it also

I can't find the return line anywhere! I am going to miss winterfest if can't figure this out. Oreilly ordered one for me but it is wrong. Bends are backwards. Any suggestions?

I was able to leave the return line alone and got the pressure line changed out.

The return line is just a regular (albeit specifically for power steering), low pressure hose. Its on a spool in the back, and they go back and cut you 1.5'. You then hose clamp it to the reservoir and the fitting at the box. I wanna say 11/32 or something. I can find this stuff at 10 differant places if i needed to. It should not provide you such a challenge.

NAPA is the same shit you get anywhere else, only sold by a shitty buisness that is only open bankers hours. Failure to notice this is a laughable offense, lol.

The return line is just a regular (albeit specifically for power steering), low pressure hose. Its on a spool in the back, and they go back and cut you 1.5'. You then hose clamp it to the reservoir and the fitting at the box. I wanna say 11/32 or something. I can find this stuff at 10 differant places if i needed to. It should not provide you such a challenge.

NAPA is the same shit you get anywhere else, only sold by a shitty buisness that is only open bankers hours. Failure to notice this is a laughable offense, lol.

I really was looking for the fitting on the box for the return line. It was in the way and couldn't get it off. I did a little "massaging" of the lines to get it on.

Yeah....ok.

You need a 18 mm crowfoot "socket"...not really a socket but any parts store should have it. Take out the airbox if you haven't already.

You need a 18 mm crowfoot "socket"...not really a socket but any parts store should have it. Take out the airbox if you haven't already.

I would only use a Flare nut wrench on those fittings. Worse case take the box and pump out and use a cheater on the wrench.

Back