• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trails and Mission Impossible - Slight Itinerary change

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
I have confirmed that we will be running trails on the Mission Impossible property adjacent to the badlands.

I have not confirmed how many trails we will run OR how many rigs will be allowed into each group.

We have a group of folks from another club (different folks than last year) that will be leading folks around at the MI property. There is a new section open that will allow moderate rigs with 33 inch tires.

What this means is that if you'd like to be apart of these groups, you need to be at the registration table early, getting signed up and then getting in line as soon as possible. On Saturday, preference will be made to get people to the MI property that didn't run it on Friday.

I am meeting with the guy that is heading up that group of trail leaders on Wednesday night. He will also be at the meeting with our trailer leaders on Thursday. We won't know until then the number of trails or the number of rigs in each trail. I will try to spread the word on Thursday night around camp.

What I am hoping for is a group to run the hard stuff on Friday and Saturday and a maybe two groups to run the moderate stuff on at least Saturday if not on Friday as well, but depending on numbers, maybe just one group on Friday with the moderate stuff.

We will still have several trail runs going at the main badlands property on both days. The trails are different on the main property as many are supposed to have been rerouted and renamed. We will split groups according to easy, medium, and hard instead of the usual green, orange and pink.

What this means for Saturday, is that the activities, including lunch in the quarry, probably won't start until around 2pm or so. When groups get done, they will filter to the quarry. Play in the quarry and do some activities in the quarry. Once everyone is back, we will take the group photo.

My OCD is a little tripped out that I can't have everything planned down to the minute with the trails, but please know this, I will be there, I will pre-run, I will get the best information that I can and get people running the trails that they want to the best of my ability with the resources that will be available.

Also note, that the MWC registration table will be set up wherever the badlands sign-in is happening. The badlands bought the atv shop at the end of the road and there is a possibility that the Badlands sign in will be there. At this time, I can't answer the question of where that will be, but we will mark it as best we can so make the process as easy as possible.

Please don't try to sign up in this thread to run a certain trail. I will not keep track. It's a be there get a spot type of sign up.

Thank you for planning your vacations to come to Winterfest for the 15th anniversary. We hope to make this the best event you have ever been to!

mac 'see you in 10 days or so' gyvr

I'm intrigued by the "new trails"...would be cool to drive over stuff in a different order. Or maybe there is new stuff to drive over??

4.5" lift on 33x12.50 MTRs, fenders trimmed, SYE, IRO sliders.. I went through a lot Badlands had to offer a couple weeks ago but what do you think my setup would be able to handle as far as the level of difficulty of the trails?

4.5" lift on 33x12.50 MTRs, fenders trimmed, SYE, IRO sliders.. I went through a lot Badlands had to offer a couple weeks ago but what do you think my setup would be able to handle as far as the level of difficulty of the trails?

Any lockers? You will be good to go for green and orange as we call them trail names are changing right now.....

All should remember our trail leaders like to keep it fun for all involved so extra lines and obstacles are encouraged throughout the day. Sign up for what will challenge you a little but not hold the group up.

Ram" We are getting close" Rod

That was a fun section

Just noticed MI says starts at 0830. We are driving in the am. Is this still the time? I registered for Mi on Friday but may need to do sat instead

We are flexible. Mi tho is not able to be ran, too much snow. However there will be other groups running the other trails on that property.

mac 'this just in' gyvr

Ok MI is a maybe. They will try it. MI trail times will be a bit later than posted prolly.

mac 'snow is changing things' gyvr

Back