• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question on shocks

kippo1

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I'm upgrading my rc long arm kit. Getting rid of the flex joints and getting Johnny joints for it. Working on my bumpers so I got 1 in coil spacers for front and shackles for rear. My lift is a 4.5 and with the spacers and shackles 5.5.

Thinking of going with some better shocks what length compressed and extended do I need to get? And what brand do you all think will be better for running fast on dirt roads with wash board sections?
Did a search but no joy on shock length.

Thanks in advance

I've ran bilstien and I like them I'm in the process to swapping to coilovers up front and I'll be going with kings. (Great tech support btw). I was able to fit 12s on 6.5in of lift but if you go that rout and get the shock mount conversion I'm gonna highly suggest looking into the short bodies with 5.5

Ok I'll do that. So flex it out measure from mounting point on chasis to mounting point on axles? Fully extended and fully stuffed?

had a set of 5150s broke a shock shafts kinda randomly guess quality wasn't their stepped up to 7100s awesome very good ride nothing bad to say about them besides the fact that no matter what I do the dust boot on the bottom of one wont stay on and no they do not bottom lol.if ur gonna buy shocks try do it once in my opinion or go for the nicest you can afford

Back