• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Circuit Board

dktool

NAXJA Forum User
Re: 1998 Classic

There is a circuit board located in the overhead light console, it that only for remote control fob access for door locks or ??

I don't have any remote fog of have any need for one, can that board be removed and tossed to wind and the Heep will still function normally ?

I ask this because I would like to locate some switches there for other use.

Thanks !

I'm not sure about 98 but on the earlier years the remote receiver was in the center of the overhead console with a little black dome piece (a dime-sized sphere) while the temperature and compass controls were on a separate board in the forward area. You can throw away the remote receiver board and it won't affect anything.

Re: 1998 Classic

There is a circuit board located in the overhead light console, it that only for remote control fob access for door locks or ??

I don't have any remote fog of have any need for one, can that board be removed and tossed to wind and the Heep will still function normally ?

I ask this because I would like to locate some switches there for other use.

Thanks !

That circuit board is the RKE Module. It communicates with the CCD Bus. You could try removing its connector and see what happens. If the PCM doesn't like it, plug it back in.

As of now the board is removed, the engine starts, the power windows, door locks, turn signals all work.

I haven't driven it yet so time will tell if it throws a code or something stupid.

Sure hope it doesn't cause death wobble or driveline vibs ! :eek:

Just for the sake of education, what is it's all inclusive function ??

That circuit board is the RKE Module. It communicates with the CCD Bus.

RKE = Remote Keyless Entry module. It is the receiver/module for the factory keyless entry system. I recently opted to install an aftermarket Cobra keyless entry system because the factory remote batteries suck, the range of the original unit is not excellent, and you need the factory DRB scan tool to program remotes. It is not a great system and I bypassed it for $49.99 and now have two remotes.

Back