• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What long arm kit are you running?

X_93_J

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, I am new on NAXJA.
I have a 93 XJ. I am planning on doing the Tom Woods SYE on my NP242 in a couple weeks and I figured why not do a long arm kit while I am at it.
So for those of you who are running LA kits, what are you running? Pros, cons?
I am trying to stay close to $1000.00 on the kit. Any info is helpful.
Thanks in advance!

how much lift do you have?

depending on what your doing, I'd say for simplicity Tnt's long arms are great.
If you don't mind a little more work, take a look at clayton's 3 link

And, welcome to naxja

You'll appreciate the long arms then.

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm currently running rough country long arms, but I'm working on a 3 link with (off of) a Clayton crossmember.

Only other advice I'd give would be don't buy rough country or iron rock long arms, they work but you get a lot more bang for your buck with others

Its very easy for people to tell you the one that they have run and appear to be happy with. How many of those people have run more than one? Or use their vehicle the same way you do?

There's a lot more to picking suspension than just what is easy to install or perceived to be stronger. 3 links. 4 links. Radius arms. All behave differently and will respond in different ways.

How do you use your rig? What kind of wheeling?

Its very easy for people to tell you the one that they have run and appear to be happy with. How many of those people have run more than one? Or use their vehicle the same way you do?

There's a lot more to picking suspension than just what is easy to install or perceived to be stronger. 3 links. 4 links. Radius arms. All behave differently and will respond in different ways.

How do you use your rig? What kind of wheeling?

I mainly daily drive it. I go wheeling at least once a month or so. I usually do a little crawling, a lot of trails and also go to the desert a lot.

Back