• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

blend door location???

dave7791

NAXJA Forum User
So I just bought a 98 Cherokee sport. And long and behold. Heat sucks. :-( flushed the heater core and engine temp runs great. Air blows but heat I'd weak. Trying to locate the blend door to see if that may be the issue. Can someone please help. Winter decided to actually get cold now here in Colorado..ugh. lol

On the passenger side , just behind the dash and right of the tranny hump you will see the motor/actuator. Put the key in ACC and vent on, turn your temp from cold to hot an you should see the motor spin the shaft clockwise and counter clockwise.

Here is a pic from another forum,hope its ok

DSC_0031.jpg
The doors/flaps are up inside the box.

If the motor is bad, pull the three screws and slide it off the bottom of the blend door. You can then use a pair of pliers to rotate the blend door to the "hot" (I forget which direction, so try it with the engine running and warmed up and feel for heat or cold coming from vents).

On mine, it naturally wanted to spring "open" to let heat through, so I left it that way all winter and just regulated the temp by rolling the window down a bit or turning the fan down. Now that the temp is getting warmer, it's time for me to order the part and fix it the right way.

Blend door seems to be working fine. So I flushed the whole coolant system and now temp runs between 200-210. And heat works great. Now to get some water out and add my coolant thanks guys

Back