• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

36s with 3.5 inch lift?

rustyjeep21

NAXJA Forum User
I got a line on some cheap 36 inch tires, and I need to run at least 35 s for Sierra track this year. So here is my question, I currently have a 3.5 inch lift, long arm etc. has anyone run 35s to 36 s with a low lift? I'm not afraid to trim more or fab new wheel wells in back, I just want to see what others are doing. I'm not really interested in lifting it any higher.

It will take some cutting and bump stopping but can be done, seen lots of rigs on here and pirate like that. In all honesty I don't think you'd really have to do anything other than cut and bumps top.

I'm running 36" iroks on about 5" lift, was at lower but I got new springs. You won't have a ton of up travel but it's nice being low.

My rig on 36's is shorter than my brothers with bald 35's and a 6" lift.

I have 2.5-3 inches of lift and 35s it can be done easily.

I run about 4" up front and 37" mtrs. You will have to trim more and bump stop

Look at gordosmasho's rig too.. hes at 3.5" and 35" BFG A/T

So far so good. My plan is to just go ahead and buy the tires, find some wheels with a little better backspacing, right now i have 33x10.5 on 8 inch wheels with 3.75 backspace. Since i enjoy torturing myself I'm going to tub the rear wheel wells so i don't lose any up travel, i may have to add a spring or two since my rear leafs look like a W. and don't really add 3.5 of lift anymore. On the front i may be able to trim a bit more add a 1" spacer and lower the bumps, it seems easier to dial in.

Just an fyi. I have found that running a narrower rim and 4" backspacing works very well. I actuall tuck my 35s with 3.5" inside the fender wells. Giving me another inch or so of uptravel without having to tub my rear fender wells beyond the standard cutnfold. Im running stock ecco rims with 1.5" spacers and an 8.8disc rearend. Ends up at about 4"bs on a 7" rim with a stock axle. I also run a 2" spacers up front and would recommend being wider up front than the rear. I also tuck inside the front fenders with this setup but i cut a bit higher than the rear.

Back