• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf hangar reinforcments?

Crfrider

NAXJA Forum User
Any body else make brackets like this to reinforce leaf spring hangars? also think it makes a good slider with little modification if ur ever dragging it just don't see 70$ for these lol might just weld some up but sometimes isn't worth the time if somebody makes a cheap set lmk.

rc-ram3331_1.jpg

I think they are the only ones but you can always go to a fab shot ect that has a brake and have a pair bent up.

On my last xj, I cut mine off to repair the rust, and made new ones from 3/16 diamond plate, and replaced that part of the floor with some what thicker sheet metal. I also welded in a triangle piece on the front from the hanger to the subframe. No pics, but I might be able to get the new owner to send one...

I had to do this because the whole hanger rusted off the body on the passenger side, and the spring eye punched up through the rusty floor. The only way I even noticed was the jeep leaning so far that the tire was rubbing. I'll not be buying anymore jeeps from Pennsylvania, haha.
By the time I sold it, I had to cut off or replace the entire bottom 6" of the car, other than the frame rails.
It's now a dedicated trail pig.

I broke a deaver leaf spring in half and I think they got a good tug driving it out of the trails that way so yea I might make some and basically same design and weld them up mine started separating from floor after i put a new floor in and from when the leaf broke so I just welded all seems again seems good but might go the extra step. somebody could deff make these cheaper aswell rustys sells them like impossible to find on the site btw so here fro anyone that's wants them

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/rusty-s-xj-rear-spring-mount-reinforcement-brackets.html

I won a Rusty's gift cert at the Moab event and bought these as well as the front stiffeners.

Both fit very well.

That said the price is high and I do plan to make some for the new jeep. Some angle steel and a couple Ruffstuff gaussets should do the trick.

I'd not weld those in until you plated the unit body rails.

http://www.hdoffroadengineering.com/collections/frontpage/products/xj-frame-stiffeners

you'll regret not doing the stiffeners before hand if you intend to wheel it hard.

Doing them now and I have been holding off on them no time I have been down nearly every black trail with good luck just a clayton cross member and some sliders. no damage yet but I will be plating it front to back this weekend or next week plan to make sure body is square b4 I weld them on and will do on ground to prevent any slight bending haven't put them on because claytons cross member basically makes me cut both in half then weld them and I have other stuff welded to frame aswell. a lot to cut out already prob 10 min if i had a plasma here

I won a Rusty's gift cert at the Moab event and bought these as well as the front stiffeners.

Both fit very well.

That said the price is high and I do plan to make some for the new jeep. Some angle steel and a couple Ruffstuff gaussets should do the trick.

Yea that's most likely what I will do the synergy brackets are almost over kill just going to plate and gusset the box kinda like I did the torque boxes on my mustang

you've been lucky. it only takes one solid drop onto a rock and it will bend the snot out of the factory sheetmetal.

trust me. I managed to bend MJ unirails and they're much beefier than the station wagons.

Back