• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ questions

JPTHING

NAXJA Forum User
So we have a 2000xj and the dash doesn't work, fuel guage doesn't display proper fuel quantity, and horn doesn't work. Of course I've checked the basics(fuses, connections, etc). Give me more ideas! Thanks in advance for your advice.

What else on the dash besides the fuel level doesn't work? If it's only the fuel gauge and the horn then you need a fuel sending unit and a clock spring.

I agree on the fuel sending unit. For us to be sure the clock spring is bad, usually the airbag light is going to be on, along with the cruise control being inoperable. If you don't have those other symptoms then I would check to hear your horn relay "clicking" when you press the horn. Also check the voltage at your horn, should be located behind the front bumper end caps (both sides) if it's the same as my '98.

Back