• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where can you buy a new, high quality yoke for a a 8.25

md21722

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for a good quality yoke for a 8.25. Dealer still sells them, but I am looking to see if I can get one without going to the dealer. My factory original was a Spicer, but I can't find a Spicer listing for it.

I tried a Crown but it does not appear to support the u-joint cap properly. I can see daylight around the cap except, a thin feeler gauge slides right through. This does not happen with the factory part.

My factory part has a groove where the pinion seal rides.

4 Wheel Parts sells the Crown part. Crown's early version (dust shield, 2.75" long) actually seems fine. The later version (no dust shield, 3" long) is the one that I'm having the problem with. I'm not sure if its simply from a bad batch or not, but knowing Crown's history on "some products are good, some bad" it wouldn't surprise me if I got another that it would be the same.

I hadn't looked at just differentials or davesoffroadsupply. Thanks for those links.

The Yukon and equivalent parts are even more than the dealer.

I did find one for $34 from Northern Drivetrain

http://www.northerndrivetrain.com/product/PTI-3104-27.html

This is the early version that looks like the Crown part.

It looks like the Spicer parts are now discontinued.

2-4-5851-1 2.75"
2-4-7751-1 3"

After more investigation, I found that once the straps are put on the u-joint fits like it is supposed to. With my used yokes the straps are not needed to achieve the same fit.

Back