• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

L.C.A. Bushings

OutkastBoss

NAXJA Forum User
Any one got tips on Lca bushing removal for the JKS adjustable lcas? We have done stock ones a few times with the bj press and hammers.

The jks one uses a stock bushing but it's fully sleeved into a hole so it's tighter. It did move some but seems to be stuck now. If it was a stock arm id just swap the whole thing.

Also it had play at the axle end bushing but the rubber looks fine. The metal lca bolt sleeve itself may have stretched? The bolt seems loose in it. All the ones I replaced before the rubber was bad so it seems weird.

Along Ehall's lines, you can try drilling a bunch of holes through the bushing cross-wise (parallel with the bolt) until you can press the steel sleeve out of it. Open up enough space and carefully cut the bushing sleeve. From there it will push out by hand.
I doubt any of the metal parts are at fault. Possible but most likely thing is that the rubber is too soft for what you are wanting it to do.

Thanks guys, I have done something similar on leaf bushings where I burnt out the rubber and cut the sleeve. I have heard of freezing bushings before too.

I think yo uare probably right Yossarian19 it seems like the rubber would give before the sleeve would wallow out. After fighting with it for a while I decided that they likely weren't even bad and a little play in the metal bolt sleeve was normal. It does seem weird that the axle end has a bit more play. I am going to pick up a new bushing to compare but I suspect they come that way since the sleeve isnt bent open at its seam or anything.

So now that I have misdiagnosed it, and wasted a day beating on and shortening the life of what was likely a good bushing, I need to look at other causes. The reason I thought it was bad was I can back up slightly and hit the brake and hear a clunk. When my friend did it for me I was able to see movement at the drivers Lca axle side mount.

I did notice that the axle side bolt hole may be a bit wallowed out as it has about the same amount of play as the bushing sleeve did. The upper bolt seems to fit snugly on the inboard side of the mount and has play on the outboard side of it.

Maybe I will take apart the other side that doesn't clunk or move and compare to see how snugly the bolt fits in both the mounts and the bushing sleeve.

Last edited:
it may be a situation like he brown dog mounts. SAE bolt sleeve with metric jeep bolt.

consider drilling out your axle mounts to whatever size bolt fits tightly in the bushing.

and I usually use fire to get old bushings out.

a little torchy torchy and they literally slide right out.

Back