• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Leaf springs?

The cheapo leaf springs are made in China by Crown automotive. I bought some and they were sacked just like the originals after 4 months. Don't waste your money. Get Old Man EMU leafs and never have a sagging problem again.
They make a 2" lift version that works very well. Also great front coil springs. The Aussies know Cherokees and offer some quality parts.

Bob
97 XJ Country, 84K miles, Ported, polished,milled head by Valley Head Service,
Bored throttle body by Hesco, Banks header and monster exhaust. Nitrous and blower on order. Other engine goodies.

Crown has 5 different springs, some are for 2wd 4 cylinders, some are HD and will lift it 1 3/4" after settling. Some are stock height only. I sell A LOT of them, and have used them on 3 of my XJ's and as long as you pick the right ones, they work great.

Also, not that it's much better, but they're not made in China, they're made in India.

Ok, after doing some more research I have come to the conclusion that Crown, ada-omix and, dorman are not good products.......

I really dont want to put on cheap leaf springs and I cant find a good brand. All the ones I see are for lifts and off road.

Anyone have an idea on a decent stock leaf spring?

Thanks.

As per Old Man Emu, I agree with 88Blownstang. Expensive, but really great. Think about all of those films showing miles, and miles of wash board roads in Australia. ARBUSA.com is a good place to call for your needs should you choose OME.

As per JrTxJ, the idea of Made in India leaf/coil springs reminds me of the super fine steel they use to make the very best, i.e., top 'notch' Gurkha Blades. What those master craftsmen do is to send a boy on a bike, bus, and/or train to a junk yard miles, and miles away in order to scarf off a Mercedes Benz leaf pack, and it is from that steel they fashion their blades.., lol. So, are you taking a chance on quality control? Well, apparently, or apparently not.

My thoughts on XJ parts is fractured, as some after market parts are on both end of the quality spectrum. You can try anything, but it's a coin toss more, and more. Be prepared to face the consequences. Your question is in the arena of a parts acquisition daymare/nightmare.., but you have come to one of the best places to pose your question to. Some of the best XJ'ers around can better clue you in than me. Still, for my hard earned American Dollar, I'd go with the best recommendations you will find here, and my vote is for OME. They have a light, medium, and heavy duty type leaf. However, keeping your stock front coils, and then using OME rear leafs will most likely have your rear end higher than your front end. Used to be called a "California Rake". Good in snow country some say. I used heavy duty, (and their shocks), all around, and haven't looked back since.., but you will pay a high price. If I were to build my XJ, such as found by those in the Modified Section, I'd've gone with even better quality products they mention there.

Maybe you just want something that will last to match whatever your reasoning is. Happy Trails...

I put Dormans on my 01 XJ over the summer. They were made in Columbia and last time I measured them they had not sagged. If you buy the Dormans on Amazon they come in nice long boxes. When I bought OME springs ARB shipped them bare with just a bunch of tape and a shipping label.

I have the Dorman's on my 96. Haven't had them on long, but so far they have been great. Took me from a 2" sag to a half inch over stock and have a pretty decent ride for a medium/heavy duty spring. I tried to find the OME 2" lift springs, but apparently they do not make the 2" lift springs for the xj any longer. The smallest lift from OME is now the 3" so if you aren't looking for much or any lift, OME might not be the right ones.

Back