• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need some advice on suspension

USAF007

NAXJA Forum User
Okay guys, so I will be swapping out the RC short arms with long arms(4.5") here in the next month or two. Will also be going to all bilstein shocks. Here's my question. I'm either going with the serious off-road long arm kit(just the upgrade kit) or having a local fabricator build the setup. He quoted me $1-1100 for the kit, install and to correct my angle issue I'm having with the SYE and new Driveshaft. Then serious off-road kit is $750ish.

The local fabricator does awesome work, and everyone that runs his stuff swears by it, but having a guy build my stuff from scratch is still a little unnerving. Figured I'd ask your guys opinion

If he is going to build you something that is identical or close to the serious kit, just go for that. For a true 3/4-link, that might not be a bad way to go. Really depends on what this custom fab person is going to do for you. Any of your local people that referred you driving XJ's? Maybe take a look/pics of their setup.

From what you wrote, I am guessing that he will correct your zxle/driveline angle of your rear axle. I guess that counts for something, as long as it is more than just installing some angled shims.

Serious Offroad is good stuff, you will like it! I have seen several of his kits first hand they work very well. If you have any questions just PM FrankZ/SeriousOffroad and he can awnser any question you may have.

Thanks all, his kits are very similar to the serious off-road. Normally he builds his own cross member, however he is gong to start using the RE one to make things quicker. Everyone who has his fab work or knows him says he does amazing work.

Back