• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1993 XJ gas gauge stuck on E

saybye

NAXJA Forum User
It worked fine then took it offroad and it dropped down to E with the gas light on. Had atleast 3/4 of a tank or better. Its been a few weeks and it still hasn't started working again.

My search hasn't came up with much as far as an actual fix or issue goes, most post were speculation post then they just stop posting.

Im thinking its the sending unit.

Please don't reply if you haven't had this issue directly and fixed it. I don't was speculation, Im looking for a one and done straight answer. What is your experience with fixing this issue? I read somewhere if its pegged on E is a grounding issue?

Thanks in advance!

Well unfortunately for you, without your due diligence in troubleshooting there will be no "one and done" answer to be had for you.

Since you don't want speculation then I cannot offer you advise to narrow it down.

Good luck!

Its been a few weeks and it still hasn't started working again.

Please don't reply if you haven't had this issue directly and fixed it. I don't was speculation, Im looking for a one and done straight answer. What is your experience with fixing this issue?

I also have some ideas but since you want a one and done answer, I would suggest you take it to the dealer and let them charge you $120/hr for their one and done solution. Around here, we try to help each other out, not put limitations on this fantastic free service. I spent $15,000 going to automotive school and am usually happy to offer advice, but not in this case.

Back