• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Currie 9132 4" TJ Coils on a XJ?

notamos

NAXJA Forum User
Have any of you run these coils on a XJ? I picked up a pair of these (thinking I'd net 3.5" or so out of them. They measured about 22.5" inches before the install.

Anyway, I am getting about 7" (!!!) of lift out of these. It is measuring 24" from the center of the hub to the flare. Now, the front of my XJ is all put back together (stock weight, NO front bumper on it at the moment) - but the back is sitting on jack stands, MUCH lower (8 or 10") than the front because I am changing it up a bit. When the rear is lifted up, will it transfer more weight to the front? I know there is an equation for the force but my physics is a bit stale @ the moment. ;-)

-NA

Well, minor update. I put a jack under the gas tank skid (1/4") and lifted the rear up to where it was level w/ the front. When I did this, the front immediately dropped 1-1/4". SO, I'm thinking the front will be fine once the rear is back on its suspension/level. I'll report back.

Well, minor update. I put a jack under the gas tank skid (1/4") and lifted the rear up to where it was level w/ the front. When I did this, the front immediately dropped 1-1/4". SO, I'm thinking the front will be fine once the rear is back on its suspension/level. I'll report back.

Yeah your weight is transferred to the rear, lifting the front up. Kinda like a hooptee, oonly without the gold teeth and 26" rims

Please, let us know how much lift you end up on the front when you are done.

Thanks

Yeah, I called Currie. They were less than helpful. They acted like there was no way a TJ coil would work on a XJ. Lol. I will report back with details. On paper, these look like good coils for a XJ.

Back