• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Key fob for classic trim?

lightfighter

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 classic and I heard it was standard for them to be equipped with keyless entry? Mine did not come with a fob, only two standard non chipped keys. Is there anyway to tell if I have keyless entry? How do I go about getting a fob if it does? Dealer only? Thanks!

I have a 99 classic and I heard it was standard for them to be equipped with keyless entry? Mine did not come with a fob, only two standard non chipped keys. Is there anyway to tell if I have keyless entry? How do I go about getting a fob if it does? Dealer only? Thanks!

Like he said, if you have keyless entry you'll have a receiver in your dome light or OHC. You can pull it down quickly and check.

From recent experience it's cheaper to find someone willing to part with the key fob and remote as a matching pair that you can install into your Jeep.

Last I checked the dealer wanted $130 for the key fob and $40 to program it. I purchased a key fob and matching programmed receiver from a Jeep part out for $60.

Also, if your Jeep did not come equipped with Keyless entry I have the wiring harness that you'll need to run from the passenger kick panel to the dome light. I also have the dome light and RKE receiver but I do not have a key fob for it.

It would be plug and play for the harness but you'd still have to source the matching key fob and receiver.

Make sense?

Makes sense. I'll take a closer look at my OHC.

If you have an OHC there's about a 99.9% chance you have the RKE receiver. You just need a programmed key fob.

You can either call the dealer and check a price on one or order a set up like I linked to on ebay.

The dealer has to program the key fob.

Back