• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

01 XJ LP/HP 30 question

md21722

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

So I've got a 97 XJ with a HP 30 and a 01 XJ with a LP 30.

I've read a bunch of people saying Jeep started using the LP 30 because they knew it was the end of the run and TJ's were already using them. But I've also read that the LP 30 was needed to clear the mini-cat exhaust system that had come out.

Looking at my 01 XJ, I am near certain that at stock height the mini-cats and driveshaft would interfere if the axle was high pinion. It would be pretty close just sitting level.

My question is there a lift setup for an 01 XJ that can use a HP 30?

I have a HP D30 sitting under my 2001 XJ with no interference. I pulled the LP out and replaced it with a HP when I was a 3.5". I never had any issues with it.

2000 with HP30 swapped in. They are real close and if I flex where I'm compressing the left side or I take a right turn too fast, the pinion yoke smacks the exhaust manifold.

Edit: I have 3.5'' of lift in the front.

That is of no use....

Stock height? Lifted? What year?

Sorry. 4 1/2" long arm. I have ground as much as I dare off the manifold but each time I get back from Moab there are new scratches. I never hear it so I don't care about it anymore. If you think about it, you are going real slow when flexed out that much.

Back