• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

headlight problem

jmsexton

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all. I'm having an issue with my headlights on my 96. When I turn my headlights on one is dim and one is bright, and when I use the dimmer switch it's the same but on opposite sides (sometimes even dies out it's so dim). I've replaced bulbs and checked wiring. But before I try to tear into a new switch or worst case scenario a new harness I was curious if anyone else has had this problem and could give me a heads up.

The connectors are a weak point, and even if they look good it might be worthwhile to renew them. Also, check the harness connector at the bulkhead just forward of the air box. It often corrodes and contact gets glitchy.

I had issues with dim lamps and found this guys vid on youtube, I did the same upgrade, but used good ol sealed sylvania silverstars. The results were remarkable. The kit uses the existing harness and one connector to simply power on a drive or bright relay (via a new 100w rated harness). The power comes directly from your 12v bus. My kit came with fuses, but if you get one and it does not, make sure to fuse your connections. You can find the kit on ebay, just google
APC 50 9103 UNIVERSAL H4 H-4 HALOGEN HEADLAMP UPGRADE HARNESS WIRING 90W 100W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHql9CZHN1g

Last edited:
Back