• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Uses for the dash clock panel?

Pchitti

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone got some good ideas for this blank space? No clock in mine, havent found any info on factory uses.

Figure I will end up putting a few switched in there once I start adding on lights.

I did find one company that offers a 9 switch panel or gauge and 3 switches, but I like doing stuff on my own. Will be adding a USB power port in the next week, I dont like the cigarette lighter chargers. They always break or have connection issues.

ehall said:
its not very deep so there's not a lot of space for flush mount switches, although you could mount some standoffs

A wire sized to run a relay does not take much room.

attachment.php
attachment.php

That is where I am mounting my AFR gauge.

I took a hole saw to it, mounted a small speaker behind it, put some nice grille material in the square opening, and wired it to my CB as an external speaker.

(I also had removed the stereo and installed the CB into the radio space)

So 97+ doesn't have that panel exactly, but this is how I used mine:
DSCF7633_595.jpg

The switch is an on/off/on switch that will show voltage for main and aux batteries on the digital display.
If I had the full clock panel, my 120v outlets would probably be there.

Back