• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

242 TC jumper wire location.

Kycherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 Sport with a 231 TC. I want to swap in a 242 and have been accumulating the parts to do it. Today at the pull & pay I found a Limited with a 242. TC.

I need the position jumper wire. My problem is that I cannot find where the jumper plugs in the engine compartment. Where should be looking for the connection?

Thanks for any help!

Where will you find the transmission harness conection? Where the truck is in the junk yard it is very hard to see where the wire goes from the indicator switch.

There is a small jumper that plugs into the vehicle harness. The harness is like 12" long and goes between the transfer case switch and the vehicle harness. You plug it into where the 231 jumper un plugs. There is no separate vehicle harness for the 242. E.g. remove 231 jumper, replace with 242 jumper.

See post # 19 http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29231

The dealerships used to sell a wiring jumper that allows proper operation of the full time dash light after the 231 to 242 conversion (97+ XJ's). The part number is 56041612AA . They may or may not have them anymore.

Well, guess my gut instinct my jeep did not come with a 242 was correct. Mine has a 10-12 inch intermediate cable from tc switch to harness. Maybe i should pull it out this summer and make some spares to sell. Great info everyone!

Back