• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Leader volunteers

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
Before you sign up or contact me to be a trail leader please read the following.

The Badlands is currently changing their trail system. The full implementation of this may not be complete by WF2015. In order for trail leaders to be completely prepared, trailer leaders MUST be able to be at the Badlands Thursday, March 5th, before 10am to pre-run trails.

We will spend some time making sure we understand the trail system as best we can, and we will pre-run trails.

There will be a learning curve for all of us.

In order to help your decision to be a trailer leader, the BOD has approved paying for your wheeling fees for the day on Thursday. We will also give you $10 in raffle tickets for the Saturday night raffle. You will also have the satisfaction of helping the MWC out. The only thing you'll need to do is take that extra day off work.

You will need to be a paid NAXJA member to be a trailer leader. You don't need to be an expert wheeler (if such an animal exists) or an expert at knowing the badlands, but this can't be your first time wheeling.

I'm also planning either at the start of the day or sometime during the day on Thursday, to have a little wheeling 101, to go over the do's and don'ts of vehicle recovery and responsibilities as a trailer leader.

Plan on this taking 4-6 hours. Trail conditions will determine total time, as well as vehicle breakdowns and possible recoveries. Bringing lunch isn't a bad idea.

If you have any questions please PM me.

Post here if you can lead. Also post either easy, medium, or hard.

Just because someone will ask (general guidelines below):
Easy: 31 inch tires and under.
Medium: 33 to 35 in tires.
Hard: 35 inch and above in tires.

Thanks in advance.

mac 'good times' gyvr

We will be heading out Wednesday evening or really early Thursday morning. Can lead easy trails if you need me to

I can also lead Easy trails. Since green will hopefully be broken up into purple and green, we could easily have two groups.

Put me down for easy for sure, depending on how frisky I get with the saws all I might be good for medium. I plan on arriving afternoon/early evening on the 4th...

I can lead/gun easy(green)/medium(orange)

However as of right now, I will not be there by Thursday morning for the pre-run as I am recruiting for Kohler in NY on wednesday and flying back to the midwest on Thursday then heading down to Attica.

Nail down being there by 10 Thursday morning.

mac 'free wheeling and raffle tickets' gyvr

Back