• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FRS radios!! Please read!!!

Fore Wheeler

MWC President
NAXJA Member
The BOD has been discussing changing the mandatory CB Radio requirement to a mandatory FRS requirement.

We will not require FRS radios this year but rather STRONGLY recommend them, but REQUIRE either a CB or FRS.

To ease in this transition, we will be GIVING one FRS radio with your registration packet!! To qualify for the free radio, you MUST be a paid member of NAXJA and preregister by the deadline.

We feel that the FRS radio is a superior way of communicating on the trail and during recoveries.

Winterfest 2016 will be FRS required to pass tech.

WTF is FRS! Good thing I didn't buy a CB yet.

Too many letters!

Hmm. I have a decent pair of walkie talkies if thats all your talking about lol

69d24dc5e86af78df5cbaf283b08e537.jpg

So something like this? So i dont have to buy a CB? Ohh the happiness!!

Dammit now I'm determind to find them lol.. pretty sure thats what they are. I always kind of wondered why people didn't just use those.

Still want to get my CB working, but I can get these easy (either buy some of my own or borrow one of my dads).

I've wondered why this transition wasn't made years ago. CB's just suck even when they are working correctly. The only problem with FRS is they don't make permanent mount units. Because of this, and their need for batteries there are two more things you have to remember to pack when using them. On the plus side, they actually work!

B

I actually have an frs radio with a magnetic mount antenna and plugs into the cigarette lighter...

It's 10+ years old.

mac 'and was not cheap at the time' gyvr

Back