• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OBDLink user assistance

MountainRhino

NAXJA Forum User
I just received my OBDLink as a Christmas gift, and I love it. mine connected on the first try and everyone after. no issues there. However I have noticed that no fuel data is avalable like MPG's, Gal/hr, air/fuel ratio, etc. basic stuff you know.
its a 2001 XJ, so my question is, are other OBDLink users able to get fuel data? or is my device faulty?

I have an OBDLink LX and it is the same for me. Interestingly enough, I have a ScanGaugeII installed in my TJ and it is able to perform the fuel calculations correctly, so I know its possible based on the dataset that the Jeep computers are transmitting. It would have been nice had the LX done the fuel calculations correctly but its not the end of the world for me. I bought the LX primarily for live data and for OBD scanner troublecodes while I am on the road and away from my shop. This it does perfectly.

I use DashCommand but suspect the other apps require significant input from the user for setup to obtain fuel data. Dig around in your setting to find the requirements.. too much for me to bother with in DashCommand.

I don't think you will get much fuel data besides fuel system status, injector duty and the like. Most of the fuel mileage type stuff is calculated by software with used inputs.

Back