• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Portland-area Fabricator for Bumpers?

spinaldex

NAXJA Forum User
My wife has an '04 Grand Cherokee and I would like to get her a front bumper built and her rear (aftermarket) one modified. Does anyone here build bumpers or know someone that does?

My hope is that since its local and its a person (not a business) it would hopefully not cost quite so much. I don't mind paying up to $800 for a nice bumper though =)

Design wise I'm looking for winch bumper, no light bar, low profile, good departure angle and one that improves the tire well space, since the factory one forces you in to smaller tires.

The back bumper was built by TAG but its rusting after a couple years, and we pulled the tire swing carrier off because it was a pain. I'd like a carrier put back on, but redesigned a bit (it would swing full out at the grocery store and hit other cars so it needs a bump stop of sorts, the tire carrier wouldn't latch properly and swing open on the freeway, etc). So, probably a couple hours of tinkering to improve the latch system, new bearings for the carrier, etc.
Also, in the case that you do other work, I'm also sitting on a 4" lift kit for it that I wouldn't mind someone else installing.

Let me know, thanks!

-Mike

To bad your not closer id do it for ya! Built my wifes up.

hs5mvo.jpg

syw978.jpg

To bad your not closer id do it for ya! Built my wifes up.

Any chance you do other work like lift-kits, exo-cages, etc?

If I can combine a few things it might be worth a trip in a few months =) I have a lift kit to get on my wife's rig, bumper, and my XJ needs a roll cage. Haha

Any chance you do other work like lift-kits, exo-cages, etc?

If I can combine a few things it might be worth a trip in a few months =) I have a lift kit to get on my wife's rig, bumper, and my XJ needs a roll cage. Haha

Can do lift kits and bumper no prob, dont have a tubing bender for the cage, my xj needs one also haha. The tube on my wifes bumper there i had bent at a local shop for a few bucks.

On second hand, I might need someone local. As the list continues there's a lot of custom welding I want, including a cage.

Anyone in the PDX area?

The off-road shop
Portland, his name is Eric iirc. He can do anything you want, (if you still need someone) he's got a bad ass buggy he's finishing right now. Guys got skills

Yeah? He's a good guy, my brother and I actually knew him years ago and didn't even realize it!

He's also done work for another friend of mine.

I bought another set of iroks from him a few months ago, did you see his buggy? I'll bet you got a little chub from his brand new tires!

Yeah? He's a good guy, my brother and I actually knew him years ago and didn't even realize it!

He's also done work for another friend of mine.

I bought another set of iroks from him a few months ago, did you see his buggy? I'll bet you got a little chub from his brand new tires!
No.

Back