• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4" Currie progressive rate springs

PowerRam1987

NAXJA Forum User
I ordered some 4" Currie front TJ springs from savvy offroad. Everyone seems to think a TJ coil will typically be 1" less lift than an XJ. I was looking for a set of 3" progressive coils at about the $200 mark.

Just received them Wednesday. Haven't installed them yet but they look HUGE. Normally I wouldn't say physical size is an indicator but these are so big I just don't see them compressing that much.

Anyone have experience running these?

May have to return them for a Savvy 3" progressive TJ coil

I have them. They seem a little taller than 3" but not by much. They ride really good on my setup. I think they seem long because they compress under the load of the vehicle. Mine stay seated with 12" shocks. The only trouble I had was getting the spring retainers on because the tighter coils are at the bottom of the spring.

My issue is that on my d60 brackets the coil is going to sit higher off the axle then on a stock d30 so ill see even more than the alleged 3"-4"

I wish I had seen those when I was searching for springs initially. Did quite a bit of searching on various forums after NAXJA. Majority seemed to believe an inch less height on an XJ. How are the PAC springs? Jeep is 50/50 street/wheeling. Majority use offroad is rocks and I want to start going fast with it. Trial and error first with whoops and such to see how my mid arm 3 link likes it.

The mid arm 3 link will have no problem with go fast stuff.

We run the PAC springs on the Team Naxja car and find they work _VERY_ well. We're running the 4" coil at 250#, but to not unseat them at droop with only 2" of lift, you probably want the 2" 200# coil.

We're running them with a 6" 100 pound tender coil above them for 5.5" ride height, the tender coil helps to drop the axle faster on the go-fast while still keeping the stiffer 250 # spring rate at ride height to help the big bumps.

IMG_20140119_173339708_zpsc0lchaxn.jpg

With the 2" coil, you'll want the softer rate to limit how much the spring unseats at droop. During go-fast, your axle doesnt really drop beyond the end of your coil travel.

A true 'progressive' coil will be longer than a comparable single rate coil, some of it just compresses more, basically....

Cal- I like that setup! Did you modify the coil bucket? And what is it using for a 'slider'?

Thanks! :thumbup:
I'll do some reading!

Thanks for the info. I used to keep up with the naxja build but I've been busy with so many vehicles and changing houses/jobs that I have been away from the forums for a long time. I'll have to look into your front suspension setup

PowerRam, Did you get them installed? What model? I just installed a pair of 9132 coils (TJ 4") and got about 5" out of them so far. I was expecting 3" or so. Just wanted to know your experience with them. I haven't driven on them yet and I don't have a front bumper on right now so I guess they could settle some still.

Back