• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Soft Ride Lift Springs?

spinaldex

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '00 w/ 6.5" front coils. The rear is a combination of what I *believe* to be 4.5" RE leaf springs and a set of Iron Man's relocation shackles:

http://ironman4x4fab.com/Products/RLS.html

The rear springs ride like crap ... stiff as a board. On longer drives its annoying. Another issue is that as I've lifted her up more, the rear axle is brought forward so much that it looks pretty off (Possibly 2-3" front of center of the wheel-well).

Another issue I noticed is that after testing how much droop they get ... it was really underwhelming. *Maybe* 3-4" at best.

A dream set of springs would be the same height lift, but ride much better, and likely significantly longer so I can adjust the shackle angle back more (it's closer to straight up and down than it is angled back because of how short they are). This would add more droop.

I can't be the only one that has picked up 6.5" coils and wanted to find a set of nice rear leaf springs for an XJ to match them?

Thanks for any product recommendations you have!

Havent run the iron man brackets, buuuut....

HD "lift" relocating brackets, boomerang shackles, and some deaver leafs made all the difference for me.

If your angle sucks, you wont get the most out of better springs

I thought Deaver made springs for 4x4 shops so they were basically special order? If so, how did you get specific springs for yourself? Did you have to give them measurements?

I'm running Rough Country's 4.5-inch leaf springs with their 2-inch shackle.

Last night, I put in Rough Country's leaf spring shackle relocation kit, and it has made all the difference for me.

Try to get that shackle angle 45º sticking towards the back. That softens the spring rate, giving you more articulation and smooth bounce instead of the dump truck effect.

In terms of flex, remove limiters, like too short shocks and add extended brake lines.

Thanks everyone! Some great advice here! I'll verify shackle angle with my relocation brackets with a new set of springs.

Back