• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TPS Errors

MusicBiz

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys, my jeeps (2000 XJ) been running really rough (stutters, high idle, not shifting properly, bogs down), when checking the CEL codes it comes back P0121 P0122 P0123 and recently got a P0700. Went down picked up a new TPS from advanced auto parts and installed with no change. Thinking I may have gotten a bad sensor I went back and exchanged it for another new one. Jeep ran fine for a day then right back to the same issues. Checked all the wiring to and from the TPS and PCM and found no breaks or issues. Tried unplugging my clockspring and resetting my PCM as I read they share a ground, again no change. Ended up ordering a new PCM, again installed with no change.

Any ideas??

Buy a genuine Jeep TPS.

Cheap crappy "Lifetime Warranty" parts are often out of specification, or even failed, right out of the box. Many times they have a short service life before they fail. Always buy top quality replacement parts and genuine Jeep sensors. Numerous threads detail long and frustrating searches for a "problem" that ended up being cured with genuine Jeep repair parts.

Cheap parts are cheap for a reason

A bad airbag clockspring in the steering column will do that.

Edit
I see you tried that... nothing to see here, move along. :D

Back