• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Public Poll: Strokers with custom tunes

nicpaige

NAXJA Forum User
Just an informal poll. How many of you with stroker motors larger injectors and different camshafts are sporting custom tunes.

I can tell you that we are *not* sporting a custom tune.

We're ~11.7:1 with a huge cam, 27 pound injectors at 55 psi and a ton of head work. We run a high altitude CPS and bored throttle body, other than that a stock renix system.

IMG_20140609_190418373_HDR_zpstlygwgue.jpg

IIRC Dust Junkies Racing said that going to an aftermarket ecu with a custom tune was the single biggest gain they made to their race car, but you won't find a lot of non racers who do that.

I do have a JET ecu for Renix in the box of parts, but JET will not tell me what programming they change, and I'm not prepared to plug a bunch of unknowns into a $7000 motor. ;)

We're ~11.7:1 with a huge cam, 27 pound injectors at 55 psi and a ton of head work. We run a high altitude CPS and bored throttle body, other than that a stock renix system.

IIRC Dust Junkies Racing said that going to an aftermarket ecu with a custom tune was the single biggest gain they made to their race car, but you won't find a lot of non racers who do that.

I do have a JET ecu for Renix in the box of parts, but JET will not tell me what programming they change, and I'm not prepared to plug a bunch of unknowns into a $7000 motor. ;)

Go Renix!!!!!

Thats damn good news. The stroker in my Rambler is 10.5:1, 50psi fuel with blue top ford injectors (23lb?) with the biggest cam Comp Cams says to run with FI (you've seen my port flows posted on the strokers forum) and it goes 35:1 AFR at 3800 when the cam kicks in. OBDI is not as forgiving as Renix, but your post gives me hope I dont need to build a mega squirt or go carbureted to get it to run right.

I love my 3 45 DCOE's more every time I try and get the FI running right.

John

Back