• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1990 Intermittent wiper stalk wiring

MACH90XJ

NAXJA Forum User
The stalk is interchangeable. Simply give it a good tug and it will pop out of the wiper switch. No need to change yours out.. Unless you really need the delay graduations on the stalk.
The flat blade style is a factory plug. The other one is a dealer or aftermarket cruise.

Last edited:
Never mind...Just saw your other thread about swapping the column..
Yeh pretty much got all the other parts in place. Just 4 little wires holding me back.
That cruise control box under the dash looked like an after thought the way its in there. They probably cut off the oem connector at dealer. The original owner is a friend and I know she didnt add it. Doesn't work anyways and I don't care if it does. This is not the rig we use on long highway type trips.

update.. for those that search 10 years from now :flipoff: . I will update on the stalk wiring if I tackle that, no plans to work on cruise control don't need it. I put a link at the bottom of page to the column shroud removal thread that goes with intermittent wiper upgrade I did on a non tilt column.

Thanks Digger, you were partially right. More importantly you lit a bulb in my head about those wires that come off the turn signal stalk. The switch and stalk are all thats needed to get intermittent wipers.The wiper stalk without intermittent wipers works partially, still not fully functional. The wiper stalk with intermittent wiper is need for the full intermittent functions to work.

Most importantly, the wires that come off the stalk have NOTHING to do with wipers or turn signals. I have all intermittent wiper and turn signal functions with out the stalk wires plugged in. The wires operate cruise control only, thats why it plugs into cruise box wiring. That was my :doh: moment on this project. Over thought that one I did.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1116953

Back