• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gasket?

mizzutgr

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 and I was wondering, will a factory exaust gasket fit a APN exhaust manifold? It's time to fix the leaks. also, how much will my Milage decrease due to these leaks that I'm about to fix?

I don't have an answer for that question. Just trying to get to the bottom of a huge Milage decrease. Runs just fine, plugs look good, no sign of blown head.....
But, I have a lot of leaks along the whole exhaust manifold. Throttle body is also clean. It's a bigger decrease than the usual winter decrease. Just trying to unravel the mystery.

cracked exhaust will mess with your o2 sensor, could cause a decrease yes.

Take a really thorough look at your header when you replace the gasket. Id bet its cracked. I have a apn on mine. It has three good sized cracks at only a year old.

Exhausts manifolds cracks or leaks will allow fresh air to enter the exhaust flow and confuse the O2 sensors. Expect about a 20-30% drop in mpg's.

Fix all known issues first, and then see if the gas mpg's are acceptable.

Back