• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Psc hydro assist

Jbh97009

NAXJA Forum User
So, I've got a 98 xj, and my steering has been rapidly going downhill. Suddenly way more wandering and harder to control than ever before, seems like a lot of play, but everything steering and front end wise is new, so I figured something was up with the box....

Today while replacing a leaky transmission line, I wiggled the drag link and could feel play and a little thump. Sector shaft has play, and with ~230k miles, wheeling, and my current big ass tires I know its all downhill from here.

Ultimately I plan on hydro assist, and I don't really have the money to do it now, but I also don't want to waste time and money on reman steering boxes, and I'm not completely sold on the durango box/wj pump swap (though I have considered it)....

So my thinking is to just bite the bullet, and do the hydro assist, and move it over to my 44 later. Question is, who has the best prices on the psc assist kit, and is anyone on here a vendor?

I also think the street/trail kit will be just fine, vs the extra $500-$600 for the extreme kit? Is this a safe assumption?

Any input/advice on hydro assist in general, and best place to buy/vendors is what I'm looking for. Thanks guys! :patriot:

We run the PSC fast ratio hydro assist kit on the Team Naxja car. I have no idea what it cost to buy (you try hard to forget) but it was worth every penny and would buy again.

The new Delphi "race box" is $900 street price. I wanted it, but couldn't swallow that price tag. The older saginaw race boxes were a lot cheaper, but good luck finding one now. Not sure if you could send yours in and have them rebuild it, or if it would even be worth the money for the race-speed box.

Anyway, I had them send me the XJ pump and the fastest rati/smallest (i think it was 14:1?) box and it was just under $1100 to my door. thats a box, ram, pump/resi, lines, etc. it is for sure worth every penny. the street kit is fine.

I sent them my stock box and had it rebuilt with all their goodies and custom pieced together the rest of the extreme kit for my build. I was somewhere around a grand total and I've never looked back. Only thing I did was have better lines made without their serviceable fittings. I bought straight from PSC

How long was the turn around sending your box in?

Back