• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lights on instrument panel not working

xjrick94

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 94 xj and none of the lights on the left in the instrument panel turn on. I have had the jeep for about a year and they have never worked. A few months ago while out at pismo beach i hit a dip and the 4x4 part time light turned on which is the first time that any light has worked in that panel. It only stayed on for a few minutes and I haven't seen it since.. Any idea what could be causing this? Blown fuse?

My guess would be that when you hit that dip you knocked the connection back there loose, Behind the cluster in a plug for all the stuff in the center and a separate plug for the lights on the left. Id start by checking that first.

IMG_9284_zps1fdf9f68.jpg

Thanks i'll take a look. But to clear things up they never worked even before the dip. When i hit the dip the 4x4 part time light turned on for a few minutes then it turned back off.

So remove the cluster and the connections are right behind it?

If they didn't work before could just be that the bulbs are out. They just twist out from behind As for the cluster you need to remove the plastic bezel that covers the front of the dash and then remove the four screws that hold the cluster in and work it out slowly there will be two plugs behind it and a speedo cable. you may be able to just work it out enough without disconnecting everything behind it to see the plug on that side and to pop the bulbs out.

Back