• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What connects to what? (Canister in front-bumper)

Crist Clapper

NAXJA Forum User
What connects to what?

May I assume regarding the YELLOW's... I remove the bolt and connect two together?

What's up with the RED's... Has the small tube been cut?

Presentation1-3.png

The picture is a little hard to look at with all the red/yellow circles and the inset etc. The bolt is not supposed to be there...it's definitely a temporary repair.

The fat hose goes to the larger port that should be labeled "vac" or "vacuum". The other end of that fat hose should connect to the source of the vacuum, usually the intake manifold.

The small hose(s) connects to the small port(s) and distributes the vacuum out to HVAC (blend & mode doors) and heater control valve as well as the cruise control etc.

If it's the football shaped reservoir, there are two functional ends which are separated by a "partition"...So, the source line should T off before the reservoir and be connected to the other end of the reservoir. If it's the round reservoir there is no T. Just a big port and a little port, one side

The picture is a little hard to look at with all the red/yellow circles and the inset etc. The bolt is not supposed to be there...it's definitely a temporary repair.

The fat hose goes to the larger port that should be labeled "vac" or "vacuum". The other end of that fat hose should connect to the source of the vacuum, usually the intake manifold.

The small hose(s) connects to the small port(s) and distributes the vacuum out to HVAC (blend & mode doors) and heater control valve as well as the cruise control etc.

If it's the football shaped reservoir, there are two functional ends which are separated by a "partition"...So, the source line should T off before the reservoir and be connected to the other end of the reservoir. If it's the round reservoir there is no T. Just a big port and a little port, one side

Football-shaped. Here are clean pics:

1) Front-end:

TubesFront.jpg

2) From inside the front-bumper:

017.jpg

The fat line connects to the reservoir where it says "vac". The skinny line connects to the reservoir's other port (on the same end). If you have the football, the configuration is the same with the addition of a T before getting to the reservoir. Each end should have a fat line and a skinny line. Each line should only have ONE line leading to the T, until it gets to the T. Then each line T's off to each respective end of the football.

This drawing only shows the vacuum SOURCE line.

I cannot find a picture or drawing of a fully plumbed football reservoir...I have a round ball.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the help! With all the input... I determined that one of a small tubes was snapped/broken. Seem so obvious now! Again... Thanks!

Back