• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blower motor issue

pastorjosh

NAXJA Forum User
Yeah I know you are thinking that you're going to tell me to do a search!! I have, and havent turned up anything.

I have a 1994 2 door 5 speed 4x4 Cherokee. I cant seem to find anything on this particular problem.

The blower only blows on the low setting. I see threads for it blowing on high, but not low. Anybody have any thoughts on this one? Thanks in advance.

It's probably not the fuse... Check :D
Probably not the Motor... Check :D

There, we're about 1/2 done :D

What else could be left...
Selector knob
Resistor
Wiring

I'd pull the resistor for grins and do a continuity check between the leads.

~Ron

Where is the resistor located on this one?

Had this issue on several of my rigs. Each time ended up being the switch on the climate control for the various speed settings, for some reason the wire connector that goes to it always seems to be melted or burn looking also, the connection on a few of my rigs looked like it got hot or shorted and this was also the case with most of the ones at the junk yard that I looked at.. But in any case would just replace that switch ( it pops off from the back of the climate control unit

1988CherokeeACHeaterControlunitback_zpse6588fcf.jpg

Here is what your plug that goes into it probably looks like so clean it up or splice in a new one if you can. If you clean it up just make sure there is no plastic melted to the connects and if the plastic that holds any of the connector in place is melted just make sure to wiggle the wire and seat it onto the switch completely when re installing
96FanSpeedSwitchConnector_zpsbaf1707c.jpg

The resistor is usually in the ductwork on the pass side, I don't have a solid location on a '94.

Wow, that switch and connector got warm! I've never seen that.

Ok. Took my dash apart. Found the connector in pretty bad shape. But it only had 4 wires going into it. It has 5 blades on the switch though? Any ideas? I can run jumper wires and get the second speed, but not any other speed.
abc77d4cfb467bd6ea2fcbd5c833d5af.jpg
86f4743ca1e9f2bbd7bc1a6418d096f8.jpg

Back