• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front pinion angle and control arms

md21722

NAXJA Forum User
I see a lot of charts for control arm length with lift. And a lot of talk about caster angles. But not so much about pinion angle unless searching for it. If the control arms are adjusted per the chart, does the pinion angle remain where it needs to be? What about setting the pinion a degree or two below driveshaft like we do in the rear? And does anyone have an idea of how many fractions of an inch it takes to move the pinion angle 1 degree if you are moving the lower control arms? I have a 2.5-3" lift. Stock UCA's and adjustable LCA's set to 16" length (1/4" longer than stock). I will double check my angles once I get the transfer case work done and drive it around the block.

Thanks!

front pinion angle is not *as important* as the rear.

you won't set it 1 degree below like the rear because with control arms you don't have axle wrap which changes pinion angle.

only 3" of lift you really shouldn't worry about front pinion angle.

get your caster where it needs to go and drive it. if it vibrates, dial the pinion angle in a bit until it stops.

Back