• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trac bar

bowhunter6407

NAXJA Forum User
I just lifted my 2000 xj with a rough country 3in lift wondering if I need a adjustable trac bar and lower control arms or could I just run stock.

Those items may or may not be necessary. A lot of 3 inch kids come with replacement lower control arms. Track bar? Maybe, maybe not. I'd say you need to run the stock and see how it performs. Your decision really is probably going to be based on how your truck runs with the lift and stock. Everybody has a little bit different experience with a lift.

At 3 inches of lift, you should do something about the track bar. The axle is off center and you may experience a bump steer like feeling as the suspension cycles on the road. Re-drilling the axle bolt hole works, but can lead to problems later on. Track bar relocation brackets work for daily drivers, but can lead to breakage with more than light 4x4 trail usage. They are lots of adjustable track bars, the ones that use tie rod ends for the upper joint are the least desirable due to breakage of the tie rod end.

Longer lower control arms are recommended, but not required.

Back