• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Beater Wheeler

Bisbell01

NAXJA Forum User
First post here, long story short i picked up a running, driving, complete '92 xj for $300 bucks about a month ago. its got a 4.0, AW4, np231, and C8.25 rear. ive had a built '74 cj-5 and a pretty mild WJ in the past so its not my first jeep. However ive always wanted an XJ, so i was pretty excited to score this sweet find. when i got it it was pretty nasty so the first few days were spent replacing the drooping headliner, and giving it a thorough interior cleaning as it was very neglected and nasty inside. after that i started buying some parts. i picked up a set of franks long arms, threw them on last weekend along with some RE 5.5" springs, RE track bar, rear add a leafs and shackles, shackle relocation, brake lines, jks discos. also picked up some 35" boggers and allied bead locks off craigslist for a steal. just got it all together, waiting on getting some gears and lockers in this thing and taking it out for some fun. here's some pictures.

these things are pure beef, the brown santa wasnt too thrilled about delivering them.

stock, ripping it apart

front end together

on the ground

next to my duramax

just after cutting the front fenders, waiting on some extra time and motivation after work to cut the rears.

Did you happen to notice that your LR tire is on "backwards" ?

very tough tires. Boggers take a beating. I have replaced wheels that gotten damaged, same tires though.

the crossmember just replaces the factory transmission x-member, uses four bolts up from the bottom, and two 9/16" bolts per side through the subframe and backed up with some plate steel on the opposite side. i got around to starting the rear fender cut

i did warp it a bit but the quarter will be plated over so im not that worried about it.

Back