• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tie Rod Contact

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
NAXJA Member
Well, I finally found the source of that annoying clunk every time I turned right. Turns out my tie rod was contacting the bolt on the steering stabilizer. I pulled out the steering stabilizer and hooked my steering back up. However, it is still contacting the brace that the stabilizer lived in.

My question - outside of just cutting off that brace and living without a steering stabilizer, and outside of upgrading all my steering, do I have an option to eliminate that contact?

I am lifted about 5.5", have a 3" coil and 2" spacer on the front. The track bar is an adjustable Rough Country. The tie rod set up is all OEM or ZJ OEM upgrade.

IMG_1125_zps9b71163a.jpg

Last edited:
I have them adjusted somewhat to avoid tire rub on the LCA's. I think it is more severe than that. It connects to the bracket when I still have 1/3 of a turn left in the steering wheel. I'll look into that though. Thanks.

Smack the lower part of the SS mount with a BFH to clearance it? or trim enough that your steering will not hit.
The SS should still be able to be used with a trim of the mount.
never checked, but I do not think my IM4x4fab solid tie rod hits my mount. Then again, you have more lift than I do. You are basically at the limit of height for stock steering. So, upgrading your steering is the best thing to do.

Back