• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE1600 Bushing

Call rubicon express. I have the 1600 tracbar. I called them and they told me the model number for the 1/2" bushing kit. Found it on amazon for 10$. Works perfect. And yes you can drill out the mounting holes.

plate over the hole....
IMG_0132_zps963afcb5.jpg

Yes, either the 10mm or 1/2" bushing will work.

Drill the bushing sleeve.
If you are feeling cowboy, remove the bolt & drill the bracket & sleeve at the same time.
It's faster than waiting for shipping & cheaper besides.

But if one needs a new bushing anyways. Why not order the correct one required?

If the bushing is bad, then sure, buy the one that's already 1/2". The OP said the problem was an oval'ed mounting hole in the axle - which I say "drill it". All it takes is a drill press, a vise & some drill lube.

Drill the bushing sleeve.
And end up with a paper thin sleeve?:anon:

If the bushing is bad, then sure, buy the one that's already 1/2". The OP said the problem was an oval'ed mounting hole in the axle - which I say "drill it". All it takes is a drill press, a vise & some drill lube.

So you are advocating pulling the entire axle out to drill one 1/2" hole?:eyes:

OP: buy the right bushing, pull the bolt, pop the trackbar out, swap the bushing and sleeve, then drill the mount.

Since the stock track bar, and the RE1600 use the exact same bushing, I would say it won't work.

Plating the track bar mount is the best repair.

standard.jpg

Since the stock track bar, and the RE1600 use the exact same bushing, I would say it won't work.

Plating the track bar mount is the best repair.

standard.jpg

it was really easy to plate, the rustys option looks really nice, but some metal from the scrap bin will make it better & less expensive.......

it was really easy to plate, the rustys option looks really nice, but some metal from the scrap bin will make it better & less expensive.......

That might be my best option considering the track bar is brand new and I really would rather not replace the bushing.

I used the 4hweel parts link for reference, I was unaware you guys carried that part #. I still have not called RE to confirm if this will fit, but might not even go that route.

Re: Re: RE1600 Bushing

And end up with a paper thin sleeve?:anon:

So you are advocating pulling the entire axle out to drill one 1/2" hole?:eyes:

OP: buy the right bushing, pull the bolt, pop the trackbar out, swap the bushing and sleeve, then drill the mount.

Yes, exactly. Pull the axle to drill the mount.
The sleeve, I never had a problem with in the 20-30k I drove it.

a properly shouldered bolt will make a world of difference.

the factory hardware, factory mount, and RE bushing sleeve all measured differently. i drilled all to match and installed the proper bolt with no issues.

you dont need to pull the entire axle to drill the mount. drop the track bar, pull it if you would like. drill the mount, you can turn the steering to get it out of the way if need be. install a PROPERLY SHOULDERED BOLT, and torque to spec.

Ever thought about supporting the vendors that support this site?
http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.c...Track-Bar-Kit-RE1687?cPath=419_420_1190_1481&

serious is the best price around, if you haven't bought the bracket for your track bar yet you need to....

http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.c...s/Rubicon-Express/TRACK-BAR-BRACKET-HD-RE1665

I have it on both my jeeps with a 1600 bar mounted in the double shear bracket, you can use a heim or a johnny joint.....currie part number CE-9112N75L-14
http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/product.aspx?id=3580

Back