• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear coilovers

josh9mile

NAXJA Forum User
Im going to be using coilovers on my rear 4-link. I have no clue as to what springs or valving to run. FOA 16in emulsions. Any suggestions on the specs i should use?

If you can get the weight of the back of your truck you can call up foa and they will tell you what valving and springs you need. They were a big help when ordering coilovers for my buddys tj.

there should be no need for anything more then a 12-14 out back, same up frt. and you gotta get the corner weight of the chassis, not including wheels tires axles

What I was told to start with. This was a Jeepspeed 3700 with straight up CO in 16" with only 1/2 the valving and the other 1/2 was in a resi bypass. I never got to finish it. But was told by Ultra4 guru as well as Pac spring that for MY APPLICATION this was the best to start with

16" RRD 2.625 coil over.
PAC 14" - 175lbs/in
PAC 18" - 250lbs/in

This completely depends on what your sprung weight is and how much uptravel you want. I am running 100 over 150 but i only run about 4" of uptravel.
s far as valving, this also depends on a number of factors. I run the softest rebound valves and have drilled my bleed holes. I am running firm comp valving.
I do about 50% crawling and 50% rock racing.

Back